Why does Canon printers error 5100 occur ?
- A lot of different reasons cause error 5100 (Canon printer error code 5100) to appear. Some of them are mentioned below-
- Lodged packing material inside the printer.
- Incorrect installation of the ink tank(s).
- A foreign object such as paper jammed inside the printer.
- Encoder Film inside the printer may be smeared.
Country Toll-Free Number Canon Printer Support phone number 1-844-813-3268
My Canon printer shows error 5100. What should I do to fix it?
Simple steps to resolve Canon printer error code 5100 :
Step 1- Make sure the Encoder Film isn’t smeared.
- Turn off the printer and unplug it from the power source.
- Carefully open the Paper Output Cover.
- Check if the Encoder Film inside the printer is clear.
- If the Encoder Film is smeared, follow the steps given below to clean it-
- Get cotton swabs and isopropyl alcohol.
- Dip a cotton swab in isopropyl alcohol. Make sure you press out the extra alcohol from the swab.
- Gently wipe the Encoder Film with the wet cotton swab. Be careful to not let any alcohol drops inside the printer.
- Carefully clean the film until it becomes completely transparent.
- In case any moisture is left on the film, wipe it with a dry cotton swab, and make sure the film dries completely.
- Now, close the Paper Output Cover, and plug the printer back into the power source.
–Turn the printer on.
-Print a pattern to confirm that the printing has resumed normally; if not, check and clean the Encoder Film again.
Step 2- Check if the Protective Material or Tape is still attached.
The printer cannot function properly if the protective material or tape is still in it.
- Open the paper output cover.
- Check the fine cartridge holder to make sure the protective material or tape isn’t attached to it.
- If it is, carefully remove it and then close the paper output cover.
Step 3- Check if a paper is jammed in the Paper Output Slot-
Gently pull the paper out-
- Carefully hold the paper and pull it out without tearing it.
- Do not pull the paper out from the front tray as doing so forcibly can damage the machine.
If you cannot pull the paper out-
- Turn the printer off and then on again; this may eject the paper automatically.
- If not, try to pull the paper out from the transport unit.
- If you fail to remove the paper from the paper output slot, open the paper output cover to pull it out.
Step 4-Reset or restart your printer.
- Make sure you unplug the printer from the power source.
- Let the printer be in this pause mode for a couple of seconds.
- Now, reconnect the power source to the printer and switch it on.
- Next, press the “Power” button and hold it for a few seconds.
- Press the “Stop” button twice now.
- Repeat this procedure once more.
- Release the “Power” button gently when you repeat the process.
- Lastly, press the “Stop” button four times.
If none of the above steps helps to solve your problem, contact the Canon customer service. @ 1-844-813-3268
Thus Follow these steps to resolve Canon printer error code 5100
Comment below if you have any queries regarding How to fix Canon printer error code 5100
You may also see:
- Problems in HP Office jet Pro 8600 Printer
- How to fix Hp printer problem with printhead
- HP printer is not connecting to computer
- Toner smears or does not stay on the paper
- Why printer is displaying a 50.4 error message
- Why my printer prints blank pages
- HP Printer is not printing from the expected paper tray
- Hp Laserjet p10007 paper pickup problem
- Hp Printer stuck on installing network device
- How to connect hp 2540 printer to Wi-Fi
- Hp scanner failure code 30.1.8
- Hp laserjet m1132 mfp error e8
- Hp laserjet m1132 mfp error e3
- Hp printer error message 0xc05d1281
- Error 0Xd0620230 on hp printers
- Hp printer in error state
- Hp printer separation pad errors
- Hp printer error 0X887DF78a
- Hp printer is displaying a 79 error
- Hp laserjet scanner error 3030
- Hp printer error 0x6100004a
- Hp LaserJet pro 400 connection error
- Windows 10 HP printer redirection not working
- Hp printer cannot print after windows 10 update
- How to resolve HP wireless printer default IP address
- Canon Printer cannot communicate with computer
- How to Fix Canon Printer Not Scanning
- Canon Printer is not printing black
- How to Fix Canon Printer In Error State Windows 10
- How to fix Canon Printer not responding
- How to fix Canon Printer not detected USB
- Canon printer error code 6000