How To Fix Outlook Not Connecting to Server Complete Guide
Current Wait: 21 mins (11m avg)
Hour : Round the Clock Assistance, 24*7, 365 days
Get World-class Assistance : Get in touch with us to get the suitable assistance to fix your printer issues easily.
Outlook not connecting to server
It’s no secret world over that outlook is the most popular email manager designed by Microsoft but not being able to connect to the server is often an issue where it makes it difficult for users to access their email accounts. When How To Fix Outlook not Connecting to Server error occurs, you won’t be able to send or receive emails via outlook which can easily make things annoying.
Fortunately, it’s not one of those technical issues and you can actually easily fix Outlook not connecting to server on your own.
So let’s quickly start the process to get rid of this Outlook not connecting to the server error that you are facing.
There are a few methods to do the same depending upon the reason you got this issue. Try them one by one. You would be able to fix the Outlook not connecting to server issue with either of them.
Methods to fix the error of outlook not connecting to server-
Before starting those technical and advanced solutions, let’s try something very simple to solve Outlook not connecting to server.
In many cases, the user simply gets this error due to incorrect account credentials and exchange server names. So let’s start by verifying your account and make sure that you have entered the correct credentials.
- Go to Outlook on your system, navigate to files, and then select account settings.
- On the settings window, under the email tab, choose the specific account and click remove.
- Now go to the home page again and log in using the correct account credentials to solve Outlook not connecting to server error.
If you are already using the correct account credentials make sure that your account is not set on offline mode. When offline mode is enabled, you won’t be able to connect to the Microsoft Exchange servers. As a result, you won’t be able to send or receive emails via outlook.
To check that,
- Launch Outlook on your pc and click send/receive tab.
- Click the offline button to disable the offline mode.
At this point, outlook will automatically start connecting to the server. You will instantly see a connect message at the bottom of the screen. If the connection is successful and established, you would be able to fix Outlook not connecting to server error or to send and receive emails.
If Outlook not connecting to the server still please make sure that your system is connected to the network.
Some people also face the outlook connectivity issue due to poor internet connections. Keep in mind that outlook is an extensive service, which means that you must be connected to a stable internet connection to access your emails.
To check if your internet connection is working fine or not, try loading different pages on your web browser. In case none of the pages open or load at slow speed, go ahead and restart your wi-fi router or contact your internet provider so that they can reset it on their end.
In case you are still unable to connect to the server, there is a huge possibility that there is actually a technical issue with the server itself. Fortunately, the good news is that you can check the server status within outlook itself to fix Outlook not connecting to server.
To check this,
- Launch Outlook and then click the file.
- Then go to account settings.
If there is any technical issue with the server itself, an orange icon will be displayed next to your account. In this case, things are not in your hands, simply sit and wait and let the back end automatically repair the specific glitch.
If you are still facing the issue and Outlook not connecting to server, it might be possible that you are dealing with a damaged outlook account.
In this case, you can use outlook’s dedicated repair tool to diagnose the situation and establish a successful connection to the server and fix Outlook not connecting to server error. To do this,
- Go to the file<account settings.
- Select the account that you want to fix and click repair.
- You will be asked to enter your account credentials to continue further. Make sure you are using the correct username and password.
- Click next and let outlook automatically diagnose and fix the error.
Either of the five methods given above would make your outlook not connecting to server and you will be out of your problem. Simply try each one of them and voila you will be again able to send and receive emails via outlook.
If you still face the Outlook not connecting to server Issue you can call the technical team of Outlook.
You can watch the video Given below to fix Outlook Not connecting to server error
Techniques you can follow, when an encrypted connection to your mail server is not available.
If there is a pop up under your screen saying “an encrypted connection to your mail server is not available. Don’t worry. There are many people who have gone through such an issue due to various reasons. And we will be telling you all those techniques which they used to solve their problem and fix Outlook not connecting to server. We will provide this in a specifics order starting from the common ones. Any one of them can be helpful for you to solve your problem of Outlook not connecting to server.
Technique No.1: It might require an Update
This can be an effective method to solve the problem because such errors can occur if your Office is not updated. Doing so will solve your problem of an encrypted connection to your mail server is not available.
- For this First, you have to go to your computer’s Control panel.
- Once you get in, depending on the setup you have chosen to view, you have to select programs and features. If your Setup shows Categories, you have to first go to Programs and then select it. If not then you can directly select it.
- Once you are in that you’ll see all the software that you have installed. Select your Microsoft Office. Then on the top, you will see an option to uninstall or change. Select the Change option. A ‘Warning’ will pop up. Select ‘Continue’
- Microsoft will ask you how you want to repair Outlook not connecting to server. So, Choose Quick Repair and Select ‘Repair’.
- Microsoft will once again confirm. Here also Select ‘Repair’ and the process will start.
- Once the process is completed. Log in again. And check whether it worked
Technique No.2: Solve an encrypted connection to your mail server that is not available to issue regarding your Google Account Password.
Many of the users face the problem because of these Password Issues.
To solve this issue,
- You have to go to your google account you used outlook, through your browser.
- Select ‘Security and it will open up various settings
- There Go to Signing into Google and select ‘App Passwords’. If you are unable to see such an option. Select the ‘2 Step-Verification’ and verify your account by doing what google asks to do. Once you receive the verification OTP and you have finished adding it. Your verification is done. Get back and you’ll see the option.
- Once you have selected the option, Google will ask to confirm it is you. Do so by adding your password.
- Once you have done this you will get an option where you have to chose the application and device. Chose ‘mail’ as the application and chose the device you want to fix. Finally, select ‘Generate’
- Google will provide you a 16 Digit Password with the instructions to use it. Select ‘Done’ and follow those instructions.
- Check whether your problem is solved by doing this.
Technique No.3: Closing the Anti-Virus.
Many people face an encrypted connection to your mail server is not an available problem because their antivirus is in charge and is blocking Outlook from working freely. You can stop this by closing the antivirus and trying to start the outlook again. Once your Outlook functions work without any such error. You can now let your antivirus do its work by setting it ‘On’.
Technique No.4: Outlook Web
This is the solution I usually recommend in case of emergency. This won’t solve anything but it will help you to use your Outlook in an emergency. Here all you have to do is use outlook on your browser. If you don’t know how to do it. Don’t Worry. All you have to do is search ‘Outlook’ on your Browser. Select the official website and then select ‘Sign In’. Add the account you want to sign in with and enter the password. Your Account will open up.
If you still face the outlook not connecting to server error you can watch this video to solve an encrypted connection to your mail server is not available.
Solution for the Issue: Outlook not connected to the Internet.
If you want software that provides you a lot of control in the process of sending and receiving E-mail then Outlook is the one. It not only provides you full control but also provides some extensive features that can ease your other works related to the organization. Outlook features are usually good for professional purposes rather than personal use because the control can be tiring if you want just basic settings. Usually, Outlook comes up with various errors while providing the features which may result in an increase in your stress levels.
Outlook not connected to Internet.
While you are opening Outlook or trying to send an e-mail, you may receive such an error or something similar to it. These might state about the server connections too. You might also find that your Outlook is taking much more time to load. All these errors might be related to your connections or Outlook itself. Thus, you will have to try multiple techniques to solve them so that you can finally use your outlook.
Basic Techniques that will usually solve your problem if the Issue is small.
- Restart your computer.
- Check whether your internet connection is properly working. To do it, you can try loading any website on your browser.
- Check whether any Windows Updates are remaining. If so, do update them. You will find the update option in your settings.
If your Outlook not connecting to server issue is solved by this, it’s great. You can proceed to work. But if it is not or occurring again and again, try the following techniques.
Technique no 1: USE REPAIR OPTION.
This option is available for all versions of Outlook excluding the latest one if it is connected to Exchange Server.
- Step 1: Within your computer, start the Outlook Application
- Step 2: In that, Select the ‘File’ option.
- Step 3: Various options will open up. You will have to select the ‘Account Settings’ option.
- Step 4: Again, in these options, Select ‘Account Settings’
- Step 5: Here, choose the ‘Email’ option.
- Step 6: Select your account from here.
- Step 7: Now click on the ‘Repair’ option.
- Step 8: It can ask you for some details. Fill them and select next and the process will start.
- Step 9: Press the ‘Restart’ option.
If you can’t find the email id you want to send. You can remove the present id from there and can log in again. Also, if there is an orange icon within the E-mail Option. It means that the error is will the server and you can’t do anything here.
Technique 2: CLOSE THE OFFLINE MODE.
This also might be an issue. You might have activated the offline mode.
- Step 1: Here, too the first step will be to start your ‘Outlook’ application.
- Step 2: Choose the ‘Send/Receive’ option from the above options.
- Step 3: There will be an ‘Outlook Offline’ option. Select it.
Outlook will automatically connect to the network. And it will start functioning. If it isn’t the case, then please keep Outlook Online.
Technique 3: REPAIR OFFICE
This technique will help you to detect any issues that might be in the software and repair it.
- Step 1: Close all the applications you might be using, including Outlook.
- Step 2: Open the Control Panel on your computer
- Step 3: Search for the ‘Program and Features option and select it.
- Step 4: Right Click on the ‘Office’ Applications available on your device.
- Step 5: Select the ‘Change’ option.
- Step 6: Select the ‘Yes’ option to let the application make a change.
- Step 7: Now select ‘Repair’ and press ‘Continue’. The process will begin.
Once the process is completed, restart your computer and check whether it helped.
Technique 4: REMOVE ADD-INS.
The Add-ins provide you additional features to use in the outlook. But some of them can cause you such an error. Thus, there’s a need to disable them:
- Step 1: Open the Outlook application on your computer.
- Step 2: In that, you will have to select the ‘Outlook’ option.
- Step 3: Within this, select ‘Option’.
- Step 4: Here you will find the ‘Add Ins’ option. Select it.
- Step 5: Select the ‘Go’ option within the Manage section.
- Step 6: Here choose the Add-Ins for their removal.
- Step 7: Choose the Add-Ins which are of no use.
- Step 8: Select Remove and finally select ‘Ok’.
You can also go to the ‘Manage Add-ins’ within your file option to disable the Add-ins if you don’t want to permanently delete it. There you will see the three dots in each of the add-ins. Select them and you will be able to disable them by the option, provided there.
Technique 5: Delete Data Files
Outlook Data Files are in the form of OST and PST. Before deleting them create a backup so you may not lose any essential information.
- Step 1. Here again, you will have to go to your Outlooks Account Settings Option. For this, you can go through technique no 1.
- Step 2: Select the ‘Data file’ option.
- Step 3: Now choose your E-mail Address.
- Step 4: Finally, select the ‘Open file location option.
- Step 5: You will find those data files. Close your Outlook before deleting them.
- Step 6: Restart your computer and then check opening outlook.
Once you have done this, open the outlook again. New files will be created and these will not have the issue
Any of these techniques will help you solve the issue. If the error is still occurring again, you will have to uninstall the Application. Download and install it again. This will definitely solve the error if it is because of Outlook. Finally, Thank you for reading.
The connection to Microsoft exchange is unavailable
Microsoft as you know is a well-known brand in the market. Most of you may know it because of its domination in the computer operating system market. And with this, it also provides some other services. This includes providing you various applications on your computer so that your experience as and user can be enhanced positively. One such application is Outlook.
Outlook itself has many versions and with them comes various features. Exchange is one of those features provided to the users to provide them better connectivity and more security.
You may have been using or starting to use the exchange. Here you may have faced an issue about the connection being unavailable. This can happen due to various reasons. Thus, you will have to try the following solution one by one and see whether it’s working.
Before moving to the complex solutions, here are some basic solutions you can try and check whether they helped.
- Check your internet connection. For this try loading a website on your browser
- Restart your computer.
- Check whether your antivirus is blocking the application. Try deactivating your antivirus to do so.
- Check whether you have connected to the correct mail id. You will find it in the ‘Account Settings’ option within the ‘File’ tab
If you have tried the above solutions and this hasn’t helped you in any way, Try these complex ones:
- Profile Setting
- Step 1: In this process, you will have to go to the search bar. There you must type ‘control panel’. The application will appear in the search result. Select the Application to open it.
- Step 2: Within the application, on the top-right, there is a ‘View by’ option. Choose ‘small icons’ or ‘large icons’ to get the full list of applications.
- Step 3: Here you will see an option with its name starting with ‘mail’ and having the details of your Outlook Application. Select it.
- Step 4: Now there will be some options. In this, you will have to choose the last one i.e ‘Show Profiles’.
- Step 5: If you have any profiles associated with the outlook application, you can add an additional profile by pressing the ‘Add’ button. If you have a single profile, you can press, ‘Remove’ button. (a warning window will be displayed. Read it carefully before pressing ‘Yes’. After this press ‘Add’)
- Step 6: This will lead to a window that will help you to create a profile. Now do as Outlook commands you to. Fill in the details as instructed. And your profile is created.
- Deleting DNS
- Step 1: Within your computer, there will be a search bar in your task manager. Here you will have to type ‘command prompt’. This will lead you to the application. Select it.
- Step 2: Press on the ‘Yes’ button to use the application.
- Step 3: There you will have to paste the following: ipconfig /flushdns
- Step 4: Now press ‘Enter’
- Repairing of Outlook
- Step 1: Here, again go to the search bar in your task manager. Type ‘add or remove programs. You will see the application appearing in the result. Select it.
- Step 2: There are various applications here. Look for your Outlook application here. Select it.
- Step 3: Here the ‘Modify’ button will appear. Press it.
- Step 4: Press on the ‘Yes’ button and a window will appear.
- Step 5: You will have to select the ‘Repair’ option. You will have to do this twice to provide a confirmation.
- Step 6: Press on the ‘Close’ button
- Encryption Issue
- Step 1: Go to your email account in Microsoft Outlook
- Step 2: Select your Exchange account
- Step 3: Now press the ’change’ button
- Step 4: Here, you will have to choose ‘More Settings’
- Step 5: A window will open up. On the upper part of the window, you will see various options. Choose ‘Security
- Step 6: Choose the option that is provided below the ‘Encryption’ option.
- Step 7: Now choose the ‘Ok’ button
- Step 8: Here you will have to press the ‘Next button and ‘Finish’ button
- Step 9: Now, just choose the ‘close’ option, and finally. Press ‘Ok’.
- The problem is setting up an Account.
- Step 1: Copy this link and paste it in your browser: https://admin.exchange.microsoft.com
- Step 2: Here, Microsoft will ask you to fill in some details regarding your account. Do so.
- Step 3: On you have logged in, choose the ‘Users’ option.
- Step 4: Here, choose the ‘Active Users’ option
- Step 5: A window will open up showing the accounts.
- Step 6: Now Click on the account.
- Step 7: Select ‘Manage user name and email’
- Step 8: Now it the ‘user name’ section add a username that will work as a prefix to your original mail id
- Step 9: Now press on the ‘Add’ button and the account will be added.
- Step 10: Finally, press on ‘Save Changes’.
- Step 11: Use this account in the beginning process of setting up an account. Finally, when the account details are asked, you can enter your original one.
These are some of the solutions for the issue. If these solutions aren’t helping you in any way, you can go to Microsoft Support through your browser to contact Microsoft. There you will find various options to solve your problem. Finally, they will guide you with a solution. Thank you for reading this article and I hope you have found a solution to your problem through it.
- EASY STEPS TO SETUP GMAIL IN OUTLOOK 2013
- HOW TO SETUP YAHOO MAIL IN OUTLOOK 2013 COMPLETE GUIDE
- EASY STEPS TO FIX OUTLOOK INBOX NOT UPDATING ERROR
- HOW TO INSTALL MICROSOFT OFFICE 2016 | ACTIVATE OFFICE 2016
- HOW TO SETUP GMAIL IN OUTLOOK 2010? COMPLETE GUIDE
- OFFICE.COM/SETUP: MICROSOFT OFFICE 365 SETUP
- EASY STEPS FOR OUTLOOK 2016 NOT RECEIVING EMAIL
- HOW TO FIX OUTLOOK EMAIL STUCK IN OUTBOX IN EASY STEPS
- SOLVE OUTLOOK DATA FILE CANNOT BE CONFIGURED STEP-BY-STEP
- COMPLETE SOLUTIONS FOR OUTLOOK SEND FOLDER MISSING ERROR
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!