Easy Steps For Outlook 2016 not receiving email
Current Wait: 21 mins (11m avg)
Hour : Round the Clock Assistance, 24*7, 365 days
Get World-class Assistance : Get in touch with us to get the suitable assistance to fix your printer issues easily.
Outlook 2016 not receiving emails
It has been a problem often mentioned with outlook when it doesn’t update the emails you would receive to it. That happens due to various issues or sometimes just the glitch. Outlook often doesn’t update the password when you change it. It won’t allow you to receive emails until it has confirmed the password change. Sometimes a simple internet connection or a reboot would fix Outlook 2016 not receiving email.
If the problem has gone out of your hands and you find yourself unable to fix it, go through the steps below and that will definitely help you to fix Outlook 2016 not receiving email.
- Go ahead and close the outlook completely.
- Now, reboot your system. This almost always solves a lot of issues.
- After your PC opens up again, check if it has a proper internet connection. Trying to open something on the browser.
- Now, reopen your Outlook to see if what you have done has worked out and Outlook 2016 not receiving email solved.
- If it still doesn’t fix, go ahead and close the outlook again.
- Hit the Windows key and type in Run.
- In the dialogue box that opens up, type in – outlook /safe. This opens outlook in safe mode. Press enter.
- Now select the default outlook mailbox and press ok.
- This would solve the password update issue. This would let you receive the outlook emails which were stopped due to safety issues
- Close this window and open outlook normally again. This should fix it.
If it still doesn’t fix the outlook 2016 not receiving email issue, keep reading.
- Tap the Windows key and type in credential manager.
- Click on the windows credential. Here you are going to search for anything that has to do with your outlook account. Whenever you see something where your account is mentioned, just remove it.
- Open outlook again and check if this fixes the issue. If even this doesn’t work out, we have another step to take.
- We are going to create a new mailbox now. For this, go to the control panel.
- Search for mail in the control panel and click on the Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2016) option.
- Click on show profile. As you select outlook from the options, hit the create a new profile option and add details. This will fix the issue for you.
Here, notice that you are not going to lose anything from your previous profile. This is just an additional one so don’t worry.
We still have steps to take if this doesn’t work out either to fix Outlook 2016 not receiving email errors.
- Go to windows administrative tools and then to Apps and Features.
- Search for Microsoft Office over here. Click on it and then click on modify.
- Select quick repair and repair it. This should repair the outlook problem.
- If nothing works out, we have only one resort left. Uninstall the office completely and then reinstall it. It will obviously solve every issue.
Hopefully, one of the steps above would solve the issue for you. Keep going further if it doesn’t. Once you get it working, the outlook would automatically update the emails that it wasn’t doing earlier.
How to fix Outlook not receiving emails but can send.
We all have a habit to work on Outlook as we grow and start to manage our work life, we set to know this amazing application in which we work and have a satisfying experience to get whole on all our work like arranging tasks, managing our contacts, having notifications, calendars, having a note section and so much more can be done in this application called Outlook. There are many features in this application but today we will be specifically going to discuss Outlook Not receiving e-mails but can send it.
There are not one but many possible reasons for this issue and we have to look into each one or keep a note of each one. Here are some of the most common issues that might cause Outlook 2016 not receiving email.
- Look that your network connection is not disturbed.
- Mails can be somehow going into the spam option of the mails.
- There may be a blockage in the system component.
- The main server of outlook might be below.
We are going to look for some minor issues that might cause the issue of Outlook 2016 Not receiving email but can send it.
- Look and clear your Junk Folder
As you know that there can be some minor issue that may have caused the problem, so to have a clear perspective about the root problem so just look into the Junk mails that is present in the Action option of the Outlook and switch it to non-junk. This will move the emails back to the inbox.
- Look that your network connection is not disturbed.
Your laptop or Pc sometimes might lose connectivity or maybe your outlook may not be able to sync the mails due to network connectivity. So, just take a look at that and fix it if that is causing the issue of Outlook 2016 not receiving email but can send.
- Take a look at your inbox, if it might be full
Well. This also will cause the mails to not enter in the inbox as if the storage will be full then the mails will not be received. To solve this issue just clear out the unwanted and unnecessary mails that you no longer need.
- Transfer the mail to another folder:
In the new version of Outlook, there is a folder that automatically transfers the important emails that are important for us and saves them to the Focused folder. So, keep that folder in check that all the e-mails might be in that folder of the application.
- Check the Filter of the inbox
Select a filter to make sure that we get a mail that is relevant for us and move out the unimportant emails that are not important for you, maybe this will bring out the certain emails that are important to your use.
- Clear Multiple Connected Accounts
As a matter of course, Outlook allows us to associate a limit of 20 email accounts in a single spot. However, on the off chance that you have associated different records, it can hinder certain messages and cause Microsoft Outlook not to get email mistakes. We prescribe going to the Accounts > Connected Accounts area to see the rundown of the connected record. From here, you can eliminate any email account that is as of now not dynamic.
- Dispose of Outlook Rules
Probably the best thing about Outlook is that it allows us to make severe guidelines for approaching and active messages. However, assuming you have set any severe principle, it can cause issues like Outlook not getting messages. To fix this, simply go to Outlook’s Settings > Mail > Rules and snap on the garbage symbol to erase a current standard.
Solution for those who are facing Issues regarding send/receive error outlook
When it comes to Outlook, it is an amazing Software to manage mails as it provides various excellent features to its users. But many of the users switch outlook as they face various issues over it. For some, it’s easy to switch, but it isn’t the same for everyone because of an inflexible lifestyle. One such error that many faces is Send/receive error outlook or Outlook 2016 not receiving email.
The problem here is there is no particular solution because the problems aren’t particular. So, we’ll have to go from basic to a little complicated method and see what will help to solve the problem of Outlook 2016 not receiving email.
The Basics method to fix send/receive error outlook or when Outlook 2016 not receiving email
You can do basic changes to your outlook itself to solve the problem. For this, you have to go to the ‘Send/Receive’ option on it. Click on it. Then left-click on the ‘Send and Receive Groups’ and uncheck ‘Disable Scheduled Send/Receive’. This is one of the basic techniques that you should try to fix Outlook’s Send and Receive.
Another Technique that you can use is Clicking on the ‘File’. Within that, you’ll Find ‘Options’. Click on that then click on the ‘Advanced’ option where there will be a ‘Send and Receive Option’ window. Check on ‘Send Immediately when connected’ and click on the ‘Send/Receive’. There you must change the timing for 1 minute. Then you must simply click on ‘Close’ and ‘Ok’, and it’s done.
- The Blockade
Protecting your Computer from viruses is an important task. But sometimes these same Systems can lead to over-control. Check these Systems and let them allow your Outlook to do its job.
- The Overuse Problem
I know it’s hard not to overuse, especially when it’s your work to work with E-mails. But do check the limits of the number of mails, size of attachments, and word limits also. Follow the best way to send.
- The Unnecessary
Remember to delete everything that’s unnecessary and suspicious. From Spam, Outbox, Inbox, etc. That will keep your life and outlook healthy. Also, it will be easy for you to check if any mail is stuck in one of such folders.
- Personal Storage Tablet (PST)
As the name suggests it stores many of your personal things like calendar events. This can get corrupted is don’t use your outlook and windows responsibly. To repair it you can definitely use that third-party software available on Internet (research well and read feedbacks before using) or you can. Or do it by your own by the following
- Search for a ‘.pst’ file and screenshot or write down its location.
- Open Outlook. Select, File tab > Import > Import from another program or file > Next > Outlook Data File > Next
- Click on browse to search for the location you wrote down. Press ‘Next’ and then select the folders to import and click on ‘Finish’.
To make this process easy, you can also run a ‘TroubleShoot’ by going on Settings > Update and Security > TroubleShoot.
- Good Internet Connectivity is the key to the smooth functioning
- Uninstall and Close, all unnecessary Software
- Be a responsible user. Always go through all the verification processes. They may seem unimportant but they aren’t so. Also, try to gain more knowledge about Outlook whenever you are free to do so and do the changes in the settings. This will help you prevent many errors on your own.
Outlook 2016 Send/Receive not working | Solution
Microsoft Outlook is one of the most used applications when it comes to small and big businesses. It provides amazing features that help the user by easing the carrying out of their day-to-day activities as well as provides them a good manual control on the application.
In Outlook 2016 not receiving email or send directly. Rather you will have to manually activate the function. This is one of the controls, you get in the Outlook Application. Many users use the automatic feature of send/receive in which you will receive your email after a certain time. (Depending on what you have set up).
Outlook 2016 not receiving email or also can’t send
Outlook Send/Receive may be stuck because of many reasons. Some of the common ones could be the automatic feature is disabled or corrupted.
Problem 1: Automatic Feature is Disabled
Enable it by following these steps:
- Step 1: Open your Outlook Application
- Step 2: Select the ‘Send/Receive tab
- Step 3: Within the option, you will have to select ‘Send/Receive Group’
- Step 4: Uncheck the following option: ‘Disable Scheduling Send/Receive’.
This will enable the function. If this doesn’t work, try other methods.
Problem 2: Send/Receive Delayed
In some cases, you can’t see the mail because you have not changed the time schedule to eliminate this delay.
- Step 1: Within the Outlook Application, you will have to choose the ‘File’ option.
- Step 2: Now here, choose ‘Options’
- Step 3: From here, you will have to choose the ‘Advance’ option.
- Step 4: Choose ‘Send/Receive’ from here.
- Step 5: Here, the timing might have been set more in the offline and online sections. Decrease it to eliminate the delay.
- Step 6: Now select the ‘Close’ button, and then finally closed the application
Once you open it, the error might be fixed
Problem 3: Automatic Feature is Corrupted.
If the Automatic Feature is Corrupted. You will have to create a new one.
- Step 1: In this process also, you will have to first open the application and then choose the ‘Send/Receive tab.
- Step 2: Within this, you will have to choose the ‘Send/Receive Groups.
- Step 3: ‘Define Send/Receive’ must be chosen to open the groups.
- Step 4: Now the existing group must be chosen.
- Step 5: Select the ‘Copy’ button.
- Step 6: Here, give a new name to the group and press the ’Ok’ button
- Step 7: Now select the new group that you have named and press ‘Edit’
- Step 8: ‘Include the selected account in this group’ option must be chosen.
- Step 9: Press the ‘Close’ button.
And it’s done. You can even remove the previous one now. Close the application and open it again, for the change to be applied.
- Due to poor connection
- Your Inbox being filled
- There may be a network blockage
- The size of your mail may be unusual
- You might have exceeded the sending limit.
- Your Data Files might be corrupted.
To solve them you will have to
- Get a good internet connection
- Clean your inbox by deleting the unwanted mails
- Don’t let your Antivirus block the process of the application
- Check the limitations for the user as a sender as well as a receiver.
- Inform the people you work with, about these limitations.
- Create the Backup of your Data Files. Then Delete them.
If all these solutions don’t help you, you will have to report the issue, to Microsoft. They might provide you a solution. You will have to go to their official website and choose ‘Support’. Then you have to choose ‘Outlook’. Within it, there will be various options to contact them regarding your issue for Outlook 2016 not receiving email.
- OFFICE.COM/SETUP: MICROSOFT OFFICE 365 SETUP
- HOW TO FIX OUTLOOK NOT CONNECTING TO SERVER COMPLETE GUIDE
- EASY STEPS TO SETUP GMAIL IN OUTLOOK 2013
- HOW TO SETUP YAHOO MAIL IN OUTLOOK 2013 COMPLETE GUIDE
- EASY STEPS TO FIX OUTLOOK INBOX NOT UPDATING ERROR
- HOW TO INSTALL MICROSOFT OFFICE 2016 | ACTIVATE OFFICE 2016
- HOW TO SETUP GMAIL IN OUTLOOK 2010? COMPLETE GUIDE
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!