What causes Canon printer Error 6000?
- The most prominent causes of encountering error 6000 in Canon printers are mentioned below-
- The most common cause of this error is the paper feed tray of printer blocking its opening as a result of contamination due to dust particles or paper pieces blocking the tray.
- Improper fitting of the feed tray in the printer can also cause this error.
- Sometimes, giving multiple paper print commands at a single time may result in a lag in the printer resulting in error 6000.
- Surrounding the printer with unnecessary documents can also lead to this problem.
- Error 6000 occurs also if the line feed is scratched or smeared or damaged in any way.
- A defect in the sensor unit or the in-line feed slit is also a possible cause.
|Canon Printer Support phone number||1-844-813-3268|
Simple steps to resolve Canon printer error code 6000 :
Step 1- Reset or restart your printer.
- Make sure you unplug the printer from the power source.
- Let the printer be in this pause mode for a couple of seconds.
- Now, reconnect the power source to the printer and switch it on.
- Next, press the “Power” button and hold it for a few seconds.
- Press the “Stop” button twice now.
- Repeat this procedure once more.
- Release the “Power” button gently when you repeat the process.
- Lastly, press the “Stop” button four times.
Step 2- Clean your device.
- Make sure you clean the printer after plugging it off as contamination is a major cause of this error.
- If you aren’t sure how to perform the cleaning process, take help from a certified technician.
- If a scratch in the line feed is the culprit, make sure you carefully clean the slit film with a non-corrosive solution.
- If you suspect anything stuck in the line feed or feed tray, remove the particle/ debris/ foreign object very carefully. Make sure you don’t end up causing any more trouble.
If your printer doesn’t have any of the issues mentioned above yet the Canon printer error code 6000 keeps recurring, your printer’s hardware may be faulty. Try executing the steps given below to solve your problem-
Step 1- Inspect the printer’s major hardware namely:
- Line Feed
- EJ slit film
- LF / EJ timing sensor unit
- Paper feed roller unit
- Logic board
- Paper feed motor.
If you encounter any of the above parts to be faulty, follow the given steps-
- Replace the defective component with a fresh one.
- You may have more than one faulty hardware pieces. Make sure you replace each and every one of them.
- Make sure you go through the reference manual carefully for proper removal and installation of the new part; failing to do so might end up permanently damaging your device.
- If you are facing issues during installation, seek professional help immediately.
If none of the above steps helps to solve your problem, contact the Canon customer service for further assistance.
Thus Follow these steps to resolve Canon printer error code 6000
Comment below if you have any queries regarding How to fix Canon printer error code 6000
You may also see:
- Problems in HP Office jet Pro 8600 Printer
- How to fix Hp printer problem with printhead
- HP printer is not connecting to computer
- Toner smears or does not stay on the paper
- Why printer is displaying a 50.4 error message
- Why my printer prints blank pages
- HP Printer is not printing from the expected paper tray
- Hp Laserjet p10007 paper pickup problem
- Hp Printer stuck on installing network device
- How to connect hp 2540 printer to Wi-Fi
- Hp scanner failure code 30.1.8
- Hp laserjet m1132 mfp error e8
- Hp laserjet m1132 mfp error e3
- Hp printer error message 0xc05d1281
- Error 0Xd0620230 on hp printers
- Hp printer in error state
- Hp printer separation pad errors
- Hp printer error 0X887DF78a
- Hp printer is displaying a 79 error
- Hp laserjet scanner error 3030
- Hp printer error 0x6100004a
- Hp LaserJet pro 400 connection error
- Windows 10 HP printer redirection not working
- Hp printer cannot print after windows 10 update
- How to resolve HP wireless printer default IP address
- Canon Printer cannot communicate with computer
- How to Fix Canon Printer Not Scanning
- Canon Printer is not printing black
- How to Fix Canon Printer In Error State Windows 10
- How to fix Canon Printer not responding
- How to fix Canon Printer not detected USB