My hp printer prints blank pages
What is a printer?
A printer is an external peripheral device attached to the computer. It is used to print texts, graphics or images on paper. It is thus called an output device. There are many kinds of printers available in the market out of which, the laser printers give the best quality printouts. Printers find extensive use in offices, schools, college and other educational institutions. Many people have printers attached to their computers in their homes as well.
|HP Printer Support phone number USA||1-844-813-3268|
A person can face several problems while using a printer. Among them, the most common problems include:
- The quality is printing is very bad and it is difficult to decipher what has been printed.
- The printer is taking too long to print a particular document.
- While you are trying to print something, the paper gets jammed as a result of which you are no longer able to take the proper printout.
- The printer is printing blank pages.
My hp printer prints blank pages:
While printing something, it may so happen that the printer starts to print blank pages. This is an issue which is faced by users quite regularly. Printer prints blank pages can occur due to quite a few reasons:
Firstly, we should check the cartridges to see whether you have enough ink left in your printer. There are two very easy methods to check whether your cartridge is empty or not:
- Use the software which was given to you when you had bought the printer. By installing it to our device, we can easily check whether our cartridge is empty or not.
- You can also go to the Control Panel from the Start menu and click on Supply Status. From there you will be able to know the amount of ink left in your device.
Secondly, we should check whether we have selected the correct paper size in our software before printing our document. The steps to select the right paper size are as follows:
- Go to the Start button on your Taskbar.
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Click on the Devices and Printers.
- Go to Printers.
- Click on Printer Properties.
- Select the General Tab option.
- Go to Preferences. Make the necessary changes to your paper size.
- Click Ok.
In this way, you will be able to change the paper size.
The third possibility is that maybe the nozzles of your printer are clogged as a result of which it is unable to print anything. For that, we need to check the print head nozzle and clean the print head if it is actually clogged.
We can manually clean the print head by following these steps:
- Load an unused paper into the input tray.
- Now, Press and hold the power button.
- Press the Cancel button twice and the Resume button once.
- And at last release the power button.
Another possibility is that there are some blank pages inside the document that you want to get printed. For that, you need you to go to the Skip Blank Page settings on your printer and prevent that blank page from being printed.
For Windows 7, the steps to click a page blank in your document are as follows:
Click on the Windows icon.
- Select devices and Printers option.
- Select Printing Presences and from there go to Skip Blank Pages.
Thus follow these steps to fix Hp Printer prints blank pages
Comment below if you have any queries on Hp Printer prints blank pages
You may also see: