Norton Antivirus was developed by Symantec Corporation in the year 1991. Norton antivirus is an Anti-Malware software product that detects viruses in your device and quarantines it before the virus can do any harm to your PC. Norton offers a wide range of security products including Security for Mobile devices, and other useful features like Password Manager.
While many other antivirus programs are known to decreases the system performance while a scan is running, Norton does not significantly impact the computer performance.
|McAfee support phone number USA||1-844-813-3268|
Is Norton Antivirus compatible with Windows 10?
Norton Antivirus has worked flawlessly with the previous versions of Windows such as Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 8. Norton antivirus is also perfectly compatible with Windows 10, and works like a charm, without negatively impacting the system performance. Norton ensures that the customers are fully protected, irrespective of the Operating System they are using.
The latest versions of Norton Antivirus come with enhanced features and security protocols to defend your PC against the newest emerging threats and trojans. But for Norton antivirus to be efficient against the latest emerging dangerous virus, spyware, malware and trojans, you have to make sure that Norton is always updated to the latest version.
Norton Antivirus crashes windows 10 issue
Although Norton Antivirus is perfectly compatible with Windows 10 Operating System, a few users have reported that Norton Antivirus crashes windows 10 and sometimes even lead to BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) error.
This issue is very rare and Windows 10 users need not be unnecessarily panicked over it. We assure that your PC is well protected with Norton Antivirus, and this need not be a reason to uninstall it.
But if you find yourself among the unfortunate lot, and if you are actually facing errors like Norton Antivirus crashes Windows 10, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot yourself. If you are unable to fix this on your own, please talk to one of our Norton Antivirus experts and get it resolved.
Steps to resolve Norton Antivirus crashes Windows 10:
- Make sure that there are no other Antivirus programs installed on your PC, other than Norton antivirus. Having more than one antivirus protection in a single PC often causes errors that are hard to understand and debug.
- If you don’t have any other antivirus programs currently installed, remember if you had any other antivirus which were recently uninstalled. If in case, you had some other antivirus program previously installed and uninstalled, it is most likely that the previous antivirus was not removed properly. Please make sure that the previous antivirus which you were using, is completely removed without any residual files.
- If your PC came pre-installed with trial antivirus from the manufacturer, they have to be removed using the removal tools provided by the respecting antivirus program.
- Make sure that your Windows 10 is fully updated and all the recent updates are correctly installed.
- Make sure that you are running the latest version of Norton Antivirus, if not, please update it.
- Also, it is important to turn off Fast Startup option in Windows 10. The Fast Startup option is turned on by default by Windows 10.
Thus follow these steps if Norton Antivirus crashes Windows 10
Comment below if you have any queries on Norton Antivirus crashes Windows 10
You may also see: