What is an Hp printer separation pad?
Separation pads are a component of multi-sheet trays of a printer. They are used to feed one page to the printer at one time. Its main purpose is to reduce friction and to separate the top sheet of the stack from the remaining sheets.
|HP Printer Support phone number USA||1-844-813-3268|
What is Hp printer separation pad errors?
An Hp Printer Separation Pad Error occurs when the separation pad is no longer able to feed one paper to the printer at one time.
Methods to resolve Hp printer separation pad errors:
The various ways to resolve this error are as follows:-
METHOD 1: We should try to replace the separation pad of our printer. The steps are as follows:
- Remove the plug from the back of the printer. Let the printer cool down.
- Remove the input trays.
- Search for a blue colored separation pad and remove it as well.
- Remove the separation pad from the spring-loaded base of the printer.
- Remove a screwdriver from under the separation pad.
- Remove the spring loaded base and take out all the separation pads.
- Place the new set of separation pads in place of the old pads.
- Push the spring-loaded base back to its original place.
- Put the input trays back to its original places.
- Put the plugs of the printer back to its original place.
- Switch on the printer.
Try printing a page to check whether the separation pad is working properly or not.
METHOD 2: The second method is to replace the pickup roller of our printer. The steps to replace the pickup roller are as follows:
- Switch off the printer.
- Remove the cords from the back of the printer and wait for the printer to cool down.
- Open up the input access door of the printer to remove the cartridges.
- Remove the cartridges one by one by pushing on their tops.
- Search for the pickup rollers inside the printer. You may use a torch or a flashlight.
- Once you have located them, push the small white plugs on either side of the pickup roller to release them and carefully take them out.
- Now place the new pickup rollers in the empty slots where the old pickup rollers were present.
- Attach the small white plugs on either side of the pickup rollers.
- Place the cartridges back to their original places by pushing their tops.
- Close the input access door.
- Put the plugs back in their original places.
- Switch on the printer.
Try printing a page to check whether the printer is working properly or not.
METHOD 3: The third method that we have in hand is to clean the pickup rollers. The steps are as follows:
- Take out the pickup rollers by carefully removing the cartridges.
- Rub them gently with a soft cloth dampened with distilled water. Make sure that you do not use excess water.
- Leave them to dry for a few minutes but do not leave them outside for long. You may end up harming the pickup rollers as well as the printer.
- Reinstall it back to your device and try to print a page.
Thus follow these methods on Hp printer separation pad errors
Comment below if you have any queries on Hp printer separation pad errors
You may also see:
- How to fix Hp printer problem with printhead
- HP printer is not connecting to computer
- Toner smears or does not stay on the paper
- Why printer is displaying a 50.4 error message
- Why my printer prints blank pages
- HP Printer is not printing from the expected paper tray
- Hp Laserjet p10007 paper pickup problem
- Hp Printer stuck on installing network device
- How to connect hp 2540 printer to Wi-Fi
- Hp scanner failure code 30.1.8
- Hp laserjet m1132 mfp error e8
- Hp laserjet m1132 mfp error e3
- Hp printer error message 0xc05d1281
- Error 0Xd0620230 on hp printers
- Hp printer in error state
- Hp printer error 0X887DF78a