HP printers are known to be the best in printing quality, but sometimes it may so happen that the HP printer is not printing from the expected paper tray. As a result, printing error may occur.
Reasons for HP Printer is not printing from the expected paper tray
This occurs due to the following reasons:
- The paper tray may have become empty.
- The paper tray may have got overloaded.
- The papers may have got curled.
- There might be some dirt inside the paper tray.
- The paper loaded in the paper tray does not match with the Paper Settings.
- That particular tray has not been properly inserted into the printer.
- The papers loaded are too slick.
|HP Printer Support phone number USA||1-844-813-3268|
How to resolve HP Printer is not printing from the expected paper tray?
This issue related to the paper tray can be solved by a number of methods.
Methods to resolve HP Printer is not printing from the expected paper tray
The methods are listed below:
METHOD 1: Check whether the paper loaded in the printer matches with the Paper Settings. The steps to check the paper settings are as follows:
- Go to the document that you wanted to print.
- Click on Print. The Print dialog box appears.
- Click on The Properties dialog box will appear.
- Go to the Paper tab.
- Go to Media.
- A drop-down menu will appear. From there select the type of paper on which you want to print your document
- Select the Advanced Tab. The Advanced dialog box will appear.
- From the Paper drop-down menu, select the proper size of your paper.
- Click on
- Then again click Ok on the print dialog box.
If our problem is resolved, then there will be no need to move to the next solution. Otherwise, you should move to the next method that you may apply to solve your problem.
METHOD 2: The second method is to clean the rollers of the printers. The steps are as follows:
- Switch on the printer by pressing on the Power
- Take out the papers from the input tray.
- Keep pressing the Power
- Click on the Cancel button four times.
- Click on the Start Color Copy button seven to eight times.
The printer will start to make a loud noise. Keep pressing the button until the printer stops making the noise. This will clean your rollers.
METHOD 3: The third method is to clean the paper pick rollers. The steps are as follows:
- Switch off the printer.
- Remove the cord from the back of the printer as well as from the external power supply.
- Remove the input tray and look inside with a torch or a You will see the paper pick rollers.
- Dampen a cloth in distilled water, and gently clean the rollers. Make sure that you do not drip water inside the
- Leave the input tray open for the while so that the rollers get dried up. However, do not leave it open for too long. Otherwise, it may damage your printer.
- Close the input tray. Try printing the page to see whether the problem has been resolved or not.
These are the ways in which we can rectify various issues related to the paper tray.
Comment below if you have any queries regarding Why HP Printer is not printing from the expected paper tray?
You may also see:
- How to fix Hp printer problem with printhead
- HP printer is not connecting to computer
- Toner smears or does not stay on the paper
- Why printer is displaying a 50.4 error message
- Why my printer prints blank pages
- How to fix McAfee Livesafe won’t uninstall
- How to fix Norton Antivirus crashes Windows 10
- How to fix McAfee update problems