An Hp printer error 0X887DF78a occurs when our printer is no longer able to function properly. There must be a problem somewhere which is preventing our printer from functioning. The error is generally displayed on the small screen of the printer itself. The printer may also signify an error condition by turning on the lights present on the control panel of the printer. In such cases, we will have to troubleshoot the error. Only then can we start to work on our printer once again. We will not be able to use our printer unless the error has been solved.
|HP Printer Support phone number USA||1-844-813-3268|
Error 0x887DF78a is a very common error encountered by printer users. They often see this code on the printer screen. This type of error demands the immediate attention of the user. It is an alphanumeric code which contains both letters and digits. The symbol x present in the code may represent either digits or letters. This error generally occurs when our printer has encountered an ink system failure. Ink system failures mean that our printer is not getting proper ink supply as a result of which it is not being able to perform properly.
Why does Hp printer error 0X887DF78a occur?
An ink system failure may occur due to any one of the following reasons:
- The cartridges we are using are not genuine. In that case, we need to purchase genuine cartridges from authentic Hp stores.
- Some dust particles may have settled on the cartridges.
- The right cartridge is not in the right slot.
- Tiny bits of paper may have got stuck inside the cartridge slots or any other part of the printer.
- The cartridge is out of ink.
How to get rid of Hp printer error 0X887DF78a?
There different ways by which we can try to the problem of ink system failure. The methods are as follows:
METHOD 1: Check whether we have inserted the right cartridge into the right slot. To check that, the steps are as follows:
- Switch on the printer by pressing the power button.
- Wait for the printer to reach a steady state.
- Open the cartridge access door.
- Check whether the colour of the cartridge matches with the colour of the cartridge
- In case the colours do not match, take the cartridges out of their respective slots by pushing on their tops and re-insert them in their correct slots.
- Close the cartridge access door.
Try printing a page to check whether your problem has been solved or not.
METHOD 2: Check whether any tiny bits of paper have got stuck anywhere inside the printer. To do so, the steps are as follows:
- Turn on the printer.
- Open the cartridge access door.
- Take out the cartridges one by one.
- Check whether any tiny bits of paper are left inside the slots. You may use a torch or a flashlight for checking.
- If anything is present, carefully pull it out without damaging the internal configuration of the printer.
- Close the cartridge access door after reinserting the cartridges.
Try to print a page to check whether our problem has been solved. You can try to reset our printer in case the above methods fail to work or call at HP printer support.
Thus follow these methods on Hp printer error 0X887DF78a
Comment below if you have any queries on Hp printer error 0X887DF78a
You may also see:
- How to fix Hp printer problem with printhead
- HP printer is not connecting to computer
- Toner smears or does not stay on the paper
- Why printer is displaying a 50.4 error message
- Why my printer prints blank pages
- HP Printer is not printing from the expected paper tray
- Hp Laserjet p10007 paper pickup problem
- Hp Printer stuck on installing network device
- How to connect hp 2540 printer to Wi-Fi
- Hp scanner failure code 30.1.8
- Hp laserjet m1132 mfp error e8
- Hp laserjet m1132 mfp error e3
- Hp printer error message 0xc05d1281
- Error 0Xd0620230 on hp printers
- Hp printer in error state
- Hp printer separation pad errors