Hp printer cannot print after windows 10 update:
Sometimes we experience some issues like Hp printer cannot print after windows 10 update. In case your device is running on Windows 10, some printers might not work with it or their functionality might be limited.
You need to restart your windows at least once after updating. If the problem still persists, check whether your printer is windows 10 compatible. If your printer is compatible then the issue of not printing can be resolved by re-installing the latest HP printing software.
|HP Printer Support phone number USA||1-844-813-3268|
Install the recommended HP print driver and software on your device, to enable all the features of your printer support and to set up network and computer connections.
Check whether your system is in an unspecified device state. To check, follow the below steps:
- Click on start button, then click on settings, devices, then printers and scanners, then related settings and then click on devices and printers.
- Scroll down the list of devices to check whether your printer name and icon appears in the unspecified section.
Post checking the status, follow below-mentioned steps to fix the issue:
Make sure your printer is on and connected.
Make sure the printer is connected through an electrical cable. In case you are printing to a shared printer or a printer on a network, make sure all the devices are turned on. Make sure that the printers USB cable is properly connected from the printer to your system.
In case you are using a wireless printer, make sure your printer wireless option is turned on and available. Many printers have a blue button which shows a wireless connection option for the printer.
Uninstall and re-install the printer.
Uninstall the printer
- Click on start button,
- Then select settings,
- Then devices,
- Then printers and scanners.
- Find your printer and select it under printer and scanner option and then click on remove device.
- Follow the path start- settings – devices – printers and scanners.
- Click on add printer and scanner.
- Wait until it finds nearby printers,
- Choose the one you want and then select add devices.
Install or add a local printer
In case you want to connect to a local printer, plug in the USB cable from your printer into an available USB port on your device, then turn on the printer.
- Click on start, then settings- devices – printers and scanners.
- Under printer and scanners, check if your printer is installed.
In case your printer is not listed, select add printer and scanner. Wait for it to find available printers, choose the one you want and click on add device.
- Update drivers
Follow below steps to update drivers:
Use windows update.
To update your driver through windows update, follow the below steps:
- Right, click the start button, select device manager.
- Under printers, find your device, right click it, then select upgrade driver.
- Select search automatically for updated driver software.
Install through printer manufacturer.
Most drivers are self-installing. After you download them, double-click the file to begin the installation.
Thus by reading the above article, you know how to fix Hp printer cannot print after windows 10 update
Comment below if you have any queries on Hp printer cannot print after windows 10 update
You may also see:
- How to fix Hp printer problem with printhead
- HP printer is not connecting to computer
- Toner smears or does not stay on the paper
- Why printer is displaying a 50.4 error message
- Why my printer prints blank pages
- HP Printer is not printing from the expected paper tray
- Hp Laserjet p10007 paper pickup problem
- Hp Printer stuck on installing network device
- How to connect hp 2540 printer to Wi-Fi
- Hp scanner failure code 30.1.8
- Hp laserjet m1132 mfp error e8
- Hp laserjet m1132 mfp error e3
- Hp printer error message 0xc05d1281
- Error 0Xd0620230 on hp printers
- Hp printer in error state
- Hp printer separation pad errors
- Hp printer error 0X887DF78a
- Hp printer is displaying a 79 error
- Hp laserjet scanner error 3030
- Hp printer error 0x6100004a
- Hp LaserJet pro 400 connection error
- Windows 10 HP printer redirection not working