Basic requirements for connecting HP printer to WIFI:
- An active wifi network.
- Windows computer connected to the same network.
|HP Printer Support phone number USA||1-844-813-3268|
Steps How to connect hp 2540 printer to Wi-Fi
If you are setting up a new printer, remove all the protective taps and packaging from outside and inside.
- Connect the power cord to the rear of the printer, then turn on the printer.
- Load a stack of a sheet of papers on the paper input tray, then slide the papers inward until they rest against the edges of the paper.
- Remove the cartridge from its packaging and remove the protective tape.
- Open the cartridge door and install the ink cartridge into their respective slots.
- Close the cartridge door and wait for the alignment page to print.
- Place the alignment page with the colour print side down on the right corner of the scanner glass.
- Press the start copy black button to align the cartridge.
Printer hardware is set up and ready for wireless setup.
Start the software installation on the device you want to print from, start the print driver and software installation.
- Insert the installation disc into the device that supports the windows version, follow the step to begin the installation.
- The software installation window progresses until a connect window opens. Do not click on continue.
Restore default wireless settings on the printer
Press buttons on the printer to reset the wireless settings to ensure that the connection completes successfully.
- Turn on the printer.
- Press and hold the power button.
- Keep on holding the power button, press start copy black button two times, then press the cancel button three times.
- Release the power button.
- The wireless light next to the wireless button should blink.
- Repeat these steps if the wireless light doesn’t blink.
- Continue to the next step to install the software.
Continue Software installation:
- Return to the installation screen and now click on continue.
- Read and select to each software installation screen until a connection option opens.
- The power button light should be completely lit and wireless light is blinking.
- If the power button light is not lit properly, press it once until it becomes bright.
- Click on wireless – make the wireless connection to the printer on the connection option screen.
- Click next.
- Post installation, select one of the following options to complete the wireless setup.
- HP auto wireless connect
Network checks automatically gather your network connection information. Click yes, then next.
- Wireless setup using a USB connection.
If network check couldn’t gather your information, connect a USB from your computer to the printer and click next.
The USB is only temporary and you are prompted to disconnect the USB cable after the completion.
- Respond and read each setup screens until an activated window opens.
The printer is set up and ready to use. If there is a problem with your local network, the installer software cannot set up the printer. Try resolving the issue by troubleshooting.
Thus follow these steps on How to connect hp 2540 printer to Wi-Fi
Comment below if you have any queries on How to connect hp 2540 printer to Wi-Fi
You may also see:
- How to fix Hp printer problem with printhead
- HP printer is not connecting to computer
- Toner smears or does not stay on the paper
- Why printer is displaying a 50.4 error message
- Why my printer prints blank pages
- Hp scanner failure code 30.1.8
- Hp laserjet m1132 mfp error e8
- Hp laserjet m1132 mfp error e3
- Hp printer error message 0xc05d1281
- Error 0Xd0620230 on hp printers
- Hp printer in error state
- Hp printer separation pad errors
- Hp printer error 0X887DF78a
- HP Printer is not printing from the expected paper tray
- Hp Laserjet p10007 paper pickup problem
- Hp Printer stuck on installing network device